Text to Chat


Passport and VISA photo with a pencil on the side

Obtaining a Visa in the United States – Immigration Attorney Help

The U.S. immigration system can feel overwhelming. At Morales & Sparks, we help you make sense of visas, educating you on how to obtain them and making sure you stay in status with the law.

Request A Consultation

We serve as fiancée visa lawyers in San Antonio, TX, as well as Austin, Waco and Georgetown. We also serve as expired visa lawyers and marriage-based visa lawyers in Austin and other Central Texas communities. We may be able to help you, too, with a:

  • U Visa: If you’re the victim of a crime, you may be eligible for what’s known as a U nonimmigrant visa. Up to 10,000 U visas are granted each year, and they allow these victims of crime to stay in the United States legally for four years, enjoying the right to employment. They also help other family members gain immigration status, too. U visas can even lead to permanent residence. At Morales & Sparks, we may be able to help you obtain the U visa you need to remain in the country, and we can walk you through the steps needed to achieve permanent residence if that’s your goal.
  • Fiancée Visa: Does your fiancée need a visa to join you in the United States? At Morales & Sparks, we may be able to help you obtain a K-1 visa, which is exactly what your fiancée needs. Once your fiancée arrives in the United States, you have 90 days to move forward with the marriage. If the 90 days expires without a marriage, your fiancée must again leave the country. Your fiancée is eligible for a K-1 visa if you are a U.S. citizen, you have met your fiancée in person within a two-year look-back window, your fiancée is single or divorced, you fully intend to marry within 90 days, and you can meet certain financial requirements. At Morales & Sparks, we set you up for success in the K-1 process by walking you through needed documents and filing the proper papers to meet the strict deadline requirements.
  • Marriage-Based Immigrant Visa: The I-130 process is what many think of as a marriage-based visa. If you’re married to a foreign national, an immigrant visa allows him or her to legally enter the country as a green card holder. This green card allows your spouse to legally work and live in the United States on a permanent basis. At Morales & Sparks, we help walk you through the process of applying for an I-130 petition and an immigrant visa, and we can help navigate any questions or issues that arise before obtaining the needed documentation.
  • Expired Visa: Expired visas are a complicated matter, made even more complicated by the fact that your expiration date is not actually listed on your visa. The expiration is actually listed on the I-94 form that the immigration officer gave you upon arrival at a United States port of entry, whether by land, air or sea. If you stay past the date on your I-94 form, you are out of status. There is hope, though, and you do have options. At Morales & Sparks, we can help you explore these options and find the best path forward.
  • VAWA Visa: The United States passed a law in 1994 called the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). As part of this act, a non-citizen who is, or was, married and was abused by a lawful permanent resident or citizen can obtain his or her own permanent residence or green card. This protection also includes qualifying children. The applicant needs no assistance from his or her abuser. If you find yourself in an abusive situation, the attorneys at Morales & Sparks may be able to help you find hope. This law exists to protect you, and we can help walk you through the process to take advantage of benefits.

When you choose Morales & Sparks, we treat you like family as we strive to help you reach the best possible outcome. We have the experience, knowledge and passion to help you and other clients obtain and keep the visas needed to stay in the United States.

Contact us today and secure your visa attorney in Austin, Texas.

Honest Client Reviews     Contact Us Today